Already An Archer?
We very much welcome interest from people who are already experienced archers. We have an open door policy in line with other clubs in the UK, for archers already holding a current Archery GB card who wish to shoot with us as a visitor. Just attend any of our normal sessions with your equipment and your AGB card, and you’ll be able to shoot with us for our standard line fee.
If however you are interested in becoming a full member of our club, then you will fall into one of three archer types:
- A current Archery GB card holder wishing to move from another UK club.
- An ex Archery GB card holder (someone who has taken a break from archery for a while) wishing to join Wyke Archers.
- Someone who has finished an archery beginner course elsewhere and now wishing to join Wyke Archers, or who is already an archer, but have never held an Archery GB card.
For all these archer types you should contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll invite to over for a free of charge assessment session. This is a straight forward session where we assess your shooting skills, your safety knowledge, and if needed your archery equipment. Please don’t think we are looking for problems, this assessment will be very basic and we are looking for standard archery safety issues which could cause problems for yourself and others. We need to satisfy ourselves that you can be left to shoot on your own or with the rest of our club members on our shooting line. The assessment will be carried out by one of our qualified club coaches.
Following a successful assessment your request to join our club will be reviewed by our committee. If authorised, you’ll be invited to join Wyke Archers (or Wyke Archers Juniors if you are under 18).
Membership process – (membership fees)
- If you already hold a current Archery GB card then our club secretary will contact Archery GB and transfer your membership over to our club. You will shoot as a guest until we have confirmation that you have been transferred on to our records, after which you will be a full member of our club. No membership fee will need paying.
- If you are an ex Archery GB card holder, you will be required to pay our standard membership fee. Our club secretary will then use your details to work with Archery GB to reinstate your registration with them and transfer you on to our club records. Following which you will become a full member of our club. Until that time you will shoot with us as a trainee under supervision of our club coaches.
- If you have not held an Archery GB card before, you will be required to pay our standard membership fee. Our club secretary will create a new full membership for you with Archery GB, and you will become a full club member as soon as confirmation if received. Until that time you will also shoot with us as a trainee under supervision of our club coaches.